Thursday, September 20, 2007

Where We're Staying in Croatia






Of course, you're aching to know where we're staying in Croatia, so I will leave you in suspense no longer! We're in a small, attic apartment above the Institute for Biblical Studies where Ken is teaching. The apartment has 3 bedrooms, a bathroom with non-working shower, a kitchenette, and low overhangs everywhere. It's absolutely perfect for us, because Ken simply walks downstairs to teach class. You're probably thinking the picture of the vertical windows in the roof is where we're staying. WRONG! We're one floor HIGHER than that; our windows are those skylights in the attic! The vertical ones are part of the Institute. The ground floor houses the Church of Christ, and it has a very cool baptistry copied from the one in around 800 A.D. I'll try to remember to take a picture of it later on today.

4 comments:

X-Phile said...

A non-working shower. How wonderful. But I'm glad that you Ken can just walk downstairs to teach. We all miss you here!!

Karen said...

Hey Miz Sarah! We return tonight, maybe 8-ish (that is, if'n things are runnin' on time all day, since currently we are in Croatia, leave soon for our flight through Paris, and then fly to DFW, where we pick up our car and drive home. There are a few opportunities for things to go wrong in this scenario, but I'm optimistic!). Looking forward to seeing you! I love you, Karen

jocelyn said...

I'm glad to see our pictures put to good use! I heard Ken's class was great. I hope you guys had a great time in Croatia. Can't wait to hear more about your experience! I'm so glad you guys got to go. What a wonderful place it is!

Karen said...

I've now added some more photos of Croatia to the blog, Jocelyn, like Plitvice, Rovinj, and Pula. What an amazing experience you guys were able to have there in your eight months in Croatia--I'm so glad you were able to do that! And may I just tell you how many times we heard compliments of both you and Mark, how wonderful you were as teachers, and all in all how well thought of you are there. Kudos!