Sunday, February 24, 2008

LAMEST OSCARS NIGHT EVER




OK, we Cukrowskis love movies, and we even love the Academy Awards. We have a party every year, complete with games, ballots, decorations, themed foods, prizes, and costumes. Not only did none of that happen this year since we were in Uruguay, but we just turned off the TV in frustration moments ago at 1:30 A.M. and didn't even finish watching the show. Why? First, it started at 11:30 our time, which is pretty late to start an overly-long show, but second, and far more importantly, they simultaneously translated the show on the only channel showing it. It made us crazy barely hearing the English in the background and then hearing the Spanish really loudly in the foreground! We are NOWHERE near good enough in our Spanish to make that work, but also it was annoying because we really did want to hear the presenters and the movie clips AS THEY WERE, not with voiceovers. I think subtitles would have been perfectly acceptable, but not voiceover. 
So I'm going to try to upload these pictures for you of the world's most lame Oscar party and then I'm going to bed—pouting and with a headache. :) I'll check in the morning to see who won.

11 comments:

Autumn said...

OK... Here's something weird. I looked at the picture of Ken and the girls on the bed... and thought... I miss that bed. Of course I slept really well pretty much the whole time I was there. But I think that was due to exhaustion not the bed.

I love the fact that you guys took your blow up Oscar with you.

OH... You should have Oscar from church take a picture with it!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lecroy said...

Karen, you have been spammed. delete yokora's post without clicking, in my opinion.

Jerks. Or worse, criminals.

Karen said...

OK. Done deleted dat comment.

Gayla Herrington said...

Ok, I had a really long comment, that apparentally(sp? I wish this had spell check)anyway, got deleted and is now in cyberspace somewhere confusing someone else. Basically it said that I recorded the Oscars and if we don't have a lightening storm (fat chance) between now and May then you are welcome have an Oscars party when you get back and it will be in English.
Gayla

Karen said...

Awwww... that will be great if it works out, Gayla. Thanks for TiVo-ing it! Did you have a nice time away?

Kazahn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
lecroy said...

I would love a lightening storm. Beats diet anytime.

Karen said...

Good one, Kenny (and Gayla). I too need "lightening" to strike! :)

Karen said...

Sorry Autumn, can't have the photo with Oscar 'n' Oscar. I brought the blow-up Oscar I was sure had a hole, so I could throw it away -- and I did before I read your suggestion! Bummer.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.