Monday, March 31, 2008

I'VE CAUGHT A DISEASE... by Katie Cukrowski




I have South American sleeping sickness! And there is no vaccination available!

Since the day we got here, over 40 days ago, I think there have only been something 3 days that I haven't taken a nap. Wow! This Friday, my nap was almost 5 hours long, spanning from right after lunch to just a couple minutes before dinner! I take said nap right after lunch every day because I'm full from the amazing meal I've just eaten here and when I go upstairs to my room, it's nice and warm with the rhythmic hum of cars outside that just lulls me to sleep.

I can't fight it. It's too strong. And it wins everytime!

Now, it's not just me with this "disease", because right around this time every day, the house goes quiet. Even if you are out at this time somewhere in town, there won't be very many people out there either. It's Siesta time, baby!!!

[Pictured are recent photos of Mom, Krista, and me sleeping at various airports (Buenos Aires, Argentina and Santiago, Chile to be specific) on Spring Break. Normally we would be sleeping in our beds, but, because we were all asleep, we have no pictures of such!]

7 comments:

Lois & Darwin said...

Hi there, I have tried unsucessfully to send comments several times so I hope this one works. Also emails don't seem to be working either. This website is wonderful and we can't wait to hear about your "adventures" in person. Wanted to make sure May 14-16 are still good for us to visit you in Abilene. Let us know ASAP. Love to all 4 of you, Lois

Karen said...

May 14-16 are great, as far as we know! Looking forward to seeing you as well! Glad to see you on the blog; and yes, you're right, our internet service has been pretty hit 'n miss. See you soon!

lecroy said...

I suspect you are having what I had my teen years - the big sleep. I slept most of high school. But I was avoiding life, you are probably on a growth spurt. Hard to believe, but I bet you come back an inch taller, and a lot older (but in a good way, not like us when we say we are older and mean fat and hurt all over and don't exercize and are grumpy becasue we want to be.)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
dlecroy said...

can you please bring back this disease so that I can catch it??

dlecroy said...

can you please bring back this disease for me!! D

Anonymous said...

haha, that's amazing!! I want to catch that disease!!!
:)
Whitney