Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Catch-22

10 June 2005
Cell Phone Catch-22
My cell phone did not work one single second in Paris. Yet it works 100% of the time in a stone abbey, built more than one thousand years ago, in a town so small it’s not on the map we use to get around, in the middle of rice fields and vineyards in nowhere, Italy. Go figure…

Here’s the problem I needed solved: I couldn’t use my Visa card, because apparently the company thought that it was stolen and being used by a band of souvenir-shopping hooligans in Europe. So I had to call them to tell them it was I who was on a hitherto-never-before-seen-spending-spree, but I couldn’t use actual Euros to make the call from a pay phone, only a Visa card. But I couldn’t use my Visa card to call the Visa people… hmm-m....

No comments: