Sunday, June 26, 2005

Nice wasn't so Nice


54
Originally uploaded by whitneyherrington.
CAUTION: Falling People
Written and Exaggerated by Katie Cukrowski

Today we went to a topless beach on the French Riviera. The first thing we did was explore the shore. We saw a huge jellyfish and many smaller ones before adventuring to some mini cliffs. Krista saw a crab and, just as she was going to look at it, a huge wave hit the rock she was standing on, causing it to be extremely slippery. Suddenly she had slipped and was crashing down into the water below. During the descent, she bounced off three boulders before smashing into the rocky sea. I was still at the top looking helplessly at what I thought was my sister’s death. Struggling to reach her, I ended up getting stuck, postponing my hero attempt and rescue mission. After awhile, Krista reached me, and we went onto the rocky shore, seeing to both the broken toe that was turning greener by the minute and her thigh with its huge scrapes and gashes. In the end, she got bandaged up and is OK!

(a follow-up note from Karen two days later: Krista’s toe was not broken, but it’s true that she banged it up something fierce. And her thigh scrape reminds me of when my cousin Lisa fell down the Alps when we were 15 and touring Europe. Remember, Lisa? Ow.)

1 comment:

lecroy said...

I still feel guilty when I giggle remembering Lisa sliding down that mountain. It was a hoot.